Below are the requirements for receiving an entry permit to the Republic of Abkhazia:
- Copy of passport (sent by e-mail or by fax). Please make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after your planned entry to Abkhazia.
- Filled electronic application. You should complete all sections of the application. If any necessary information is missing, the application will not be considered.
YOUR APPLICATION SHOULD BE SENT TO: email@example.com
It takes the Consular Service 7 working days to process an application. For those who have already visited the Republic of Abkhazia this period may be reduced.
If you have any questions please call: +7 840 226 39 48 (work.), +7 940 996 39 48 (mob.)
An entry permit letter for visiting the Republic of Abkhazia will be sent to the email address from which the application was sent or to the fax number stated in the application.
IMPORTANT! Upon your arrival in Abkhazia you must visit the Consular Service within three working days in order to receive the visa of the Republic of Abkhazia.
The Consular Service issues the following visas:
NOTE! When visiting Abkhazia through the territory of the Russian Federation you must receive at least a double entry Russian visa (the first time you enter Russia on the way to Abkhazia and the second time you visit Russia on your way from Abkhazia back to your home country).
Foreign citizens are required to have a double entry or multiple visa of the Russian Federation.
ATTENTION! The check points of the Republic of Abkhazia at the Abkhaz-Georgian border operate between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Citizens of the following countries must have double entry or multiple Russian visas to come to Abkhazia (it is a mandatory requirement, since the Russian Embassy in Abkhazia will not issue transit visas to the citizens of these countries):
10. DPRK (North Korea)
18. Sri Lanka
CITIZENS OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES DO NOT NEED A VISA TO ENTER ABKHAZIA:
11. Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
12. Russian Federation
17. South Ossetia
CITIZENS OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES MUST RECEIVE A VISA OF THE REPUBLIC OF ABKHAZIA (IN CASE THEY STAY IN ABKHAZIA FOR MORE THAN 90 DAYS):
5. Russian Federation
DECREE OF THE CABINET OF MINISTERS OF THE REPUBLIC OF ABKHAZIA
Of March 23 2001, №: 35
On Consular Fees
* Foreign citizens who come to Abkhazia for work after receiving a visa at the Consular Service must apply to the immigration service for a work permit.
* In accordance with the Decree “On Approval of Re-Entry Certificate of the Republic of Abkhazia Issue Regulations” of October 29 2010, these are the following requirements: citizenship of the Republic of Abkhazia; certificate of loss of the document proving the identity of the citizen (passport of the citizen of the Republic of Abkhazia), which is issued by the authorities of the country of stay; two 3x4 colour matt photographs.
|Government & Institutions
People's Assembly - Parliament
Ministry of Interior
National Bank of the Republic of Abkhazia
State Committee of Sports and Youth
State Committee of Tourism
Embassy of Abkhazia in Russia
Embassy of Abkhazia in Venezuela
Embassy of Russia in Abkhazia
| Mass media
Abkhazian State TV
State Information Agency "Apsnypress"
|MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS REPUBLIC OF ABKHAZIA||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +7 (840) 226-70-69; Adress:. Sakharova, 33|