According to the law of the Republic of Abkhazia "On the procedure of leaving the Republic of Abkhazia and entry into the Republic of Abkhazia" from April 1, 2016, the visa regime is introduced for citizens of foreign countries with which Abkhazia has not signed intergovernmental agreements on mutual visa-free travel. More..
The regime of visa-free entry into the territory of the Republic of Abkhazia extends to citizens of the following countries:
- The Russian Federation
- The Republic of Nicaragua
- The Republic of Tuvalu
- The Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- The Republic of South Ossetia
In addition, in according to the Decree of the President of the Republic of Abkhazia "On the establishment of visa-free entry into the Republic of Abkhazia of the certain categories of foreign citizens," the following categories for foreign citizens entering the Republic of Abkhazia without obtaining visas are established:
- The foreign citizens -sightseers (except the citizens of Georgia) entering the Republic of Abkhazia as part of the organized excursion group for a period not exceeding 24 hours;
- The citizens of the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Kazakhstan who enter the Republic of Abkhazia for tourist or business purposes for a period not exceeding two weeks;
- The foreign citizens entering the Republic of Abkhazia in order to eliminate accidents, carry out repair and preventive and commissioning works at the power system facilities for a period not exceeding five days;
- The foreign citizens entering the Republic of Abkhazia and carrying out activities at electric power generation facilities located in the districts of Gal and Tkuarchal for a period of up to one year.
The following requirements are necessary for obtaining a permit to enter the territory of the Republic of Abkhazia:
- The copy of the applicant's passport (sent by e-mail or by fax). Please make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months before the planned entry into Abkhazia.
- The completed application form in electronic format. All the points of the application must be completed without exception. If there is no necessary information, the application may not be accepted for consideration.
7 working days will be required for the process of the request to the Consular Department. For those who enter the territory of the Republic of Abkhazia not for the first time, the time for consideration may be reduced.
You may ask the question by phone: +7 840 226 39 48 (work), +7 940 996 39 48 (mobile)
The permission (confirmation) to enter Abkhazia is sent to the e-mail address from which the application was sent, or by fax, the number of which is indicated in the application.
NECESSARILY! Upon arrival to Abkhazia, you have to appear in the Consular Department within 3 working days for receiving a visa of the Republic of Abkhazia.
IMPORTANT! The checkpoints of the Republic of Abkhazia work from 8 am to 7 pm on the Abkhaz-Georgian border
The consular service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Abkhazia issues the following types of visas:
- Single entry;