Joint statement of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Abkhazia Inal Ardzinba and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates of the Syrian Arab Republic Faisal Mekdad.
1. The Republic of Abkhazia and the Syrian Arab Republic, hereinafter referred to as the Parties, express their support for the Special Military Operation of the Russian Federation, as well as for the peoples of the DPR, LPR, and other regions of Ukraine who wish to exercise their right to determine their own destiny. The Parties support the Special Military Operation, which is aimed at creating a more just world order, where the rights of peoples and historical destiny are respected.
2. The Parties condemn the illegitimate unilateral conceive measures regime of Western countries against the Republic of Abkhazia, the Syrian Arab Republic, the Russian Federation and against any countries that boldly express their opinions in the international arena. The Parties draw the attention of the international community to the fact that the unilateral coercive measures are illegal, archaic, senseless, absolutely counterproductive and inhumane.
3. The peoples of the Republic of Abkhazia and the Syrian Arab Republic are united in the fight against international terrorism. The Parties note with regret that many terrorist groups were created, are still being coordinated and supported by some Western states.
4. The Parties call for immediate withdrawal of illegitimate foreign forces from the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic.
5. The Parties stand for intensifying and coordinating the activities of the foreign ministries and diplomatic missions of the states in matters of expanding contacts, the Eurasian integration agenda and other issues of mutual interest.
6. The Parties stand for strengthening trade and economic relations, including through the creation of public, business and other institutions that will contribute to the intensification of trade and economic cooperation between the two countries.
7. The Parties, taking into account the interest of peoples in mutual cultural enrichment, attach great importance to cooperation in the field of culture and tourism. The Parties attach great importance to the development of dialogue between the youth of the two countries, cooperation in the field of science and education, which would contribute to the strengthening of interstate relations.